Sunday, March 18, 2012

Introduction


Good morning and welcome to my brand new blog which is about things that are not brand new. 


I am developing a strong interest in the history of Melbourne and the areas around it. For my work I do a lot of research about the Darebin area but have found my interests passing the borders of this area and into other places around Melbourne and Victoria. I have become quite interested in the founding of Melbourne and the characters around at the time. 


I have ideas to perhaps write a piece of fiction, or a screenplay, set at this time and I feel that before I start that I need to get to know what it was like at that time, so I know it as well as it can be known by anyone around today. I hope that by doing this I can create something realistic and interesting. 


This blog will contain random bits and pieces I discover. Some pieces will be researched historical fact, others will be stories about me discovering history (or attempting to) and hopefully later on I may publish on here some fictional scenes that I have written for the work I hope to produce at some point in the future. 


Feel free to leave comments, ask questions, post links. Hope you enjoy. 


Glenn.

No comments:

Post a Comment